Open Call: CATAPULT
Northern School of Contemporary Dance (Yorkshire)
Bursary Details: £3,000 bursary to support professional development
Dates: October 2019 – September 2020
Deadline: Sunday 8 September, 12noon
More information and apply
Northern School of Contemporary Dance (NSCD) is seeking applications for CATAPULT, a year-long professional development opportunity (October 2019 – September 2020) for an emerging dance maker, creative partnership or collective based in Yorkshire.
The programme aims to support the creative practice and strategic development of the artist(s) with a focus on: developing and presenting new artistic work; raising the profile of the artist(s) in the region and beyond; implementing strategies to transition from training to industry; and establishing core organisational skills.
The programme will offer:
- A bursary of £3,000 to support theatre trips, promotional material, professional development and artistic mentoring
- Producing and business advice from Spin Arts including: artist development, fundraising, distribution, project and financial management, marketing and evaluation
- 10 days of free rehearsal space at NSCD (times to be pre-agreed)
- Access to meeting rooms at NSCD (times to be pre-agreed)
- Access to NSCD’s Riley Theatre – an opportunity to present new work or work-in-progress
- Artistic mentoring, technical and marketing support at the Riley Theatre, by NSCD staff
- Networking and shadowing opportunities
NSCD are looking for an emerging dance maker, creative partnership or collective who meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from a dance programme at degree or postgraduate level or equivalent study within the last five years and have spent at least one year outside training (i.e. graduated between 2014 – 2018)
- Are based, living and/or working in Yorkshire, or may have come to study in Yorkshire, and can demonstrate a commitment to the region
- Have a demonstrable passion and talent for dance choreography that is conceptually relevant to the society that we live in
- Have a track record of being pro-active, self-motivated and committed to the development of their practice, and a willingness to engage with others in the process of developing and reaching an audience
- Can fulfil a commitment to making at least one new work during the 12 month programme.
NSCD and Spin Arts particularly encourage applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in the arts.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 8 September, 12noon
Shortlisting stage: Friday 13 September
Interviews: Wednesday 25 September
Programme: Tuesday 1 October 2019 – September 2020
The deadline for applications is Sunday 8 September, 12noon. For more information and to apply please visit the NSCD website.
If you have any further questions about CATAPULT please contact NSCD at firstname.lastname@example.org