Commission: Outdoor Dance Work
Dance Consortia North West
Commission Details: Initial fee of £3,500 (£1,500 of which is eligible for National Lottery Project Grant match funding)
Dates: Public sharing May / July & October 2020
Application Deadline: Friday 13 September 2019, 5pm
More Information & Apply
Dance Consortia North West (DCNW) has announced a commission opportunity for a new outdoor dance work, in partnership with SpareParts Festival and Now Northwich. This commission is open to dance artists who live or work in the North West of England and will be presented at two SpareParts Festival dates between May – July 2020 and at Now Northwich in October 2020.
The theme which the commissioners (DCNW, SpareParts Festival and Now Northwich) would like dance artists to respond to is ODYSSEY: A journey, adventure or search – connecting people and places, with the power to change everything. The commissioners will work closely with the successful artist to plan the development of the work and select the appropriate festival sites for the work.
Following sharing in 2020, there is the chance that the commissioned dance work will be selected for additional support to take it on a more extensive tour later that year or the following year.
The commissioners are particularly interested in applications from artists with a disability or from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic artists.
The commissioners are accepting applications from dance artists who:
- Are living and working in the North West
- Are not National Portfolio Organisations
- Are not currently studying
The commissioners are looking for proposed work which:
- Is between 20 – 30 minutes in length
- Has been created for a minimum of two performers
- Has a strong impact on audiences in the chosen locations
- Has been through some form of earlier R&D or has demonstrable earlier research and collaboration that would allow the dance artist to deliver the commission in the proposed timetable
- Moves the dance artist’s professional development forward
- Is suitable for daytime presentation
- Is able to tour to other outdoor festivals and locations
Closing date for applications: 13 September 2019
Interviews & Commission: late September 2019
Funding bids developed and submitted: October – November 2019
Development Phase: December 2019 – May 2020
Public sharings: May/July – October 2020
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is Friday 13 September 2019, 5pm. Applications may be submitted by email, post or by hand.