Leeds International Festival is the UK’s leading metropolitan festival of new ideas and innovation. The festival plays a significant role in shaping Leeds’ vibrant character and pushes the identity of the city as a beacon of invention.
The Festival is inviting proposals from artists for Leeds International Festival 2020 as part of the CORE and OFF programmes. The theme for the Festival in 2020 will be ‘Generation Future’.
The CORE programme invites the world’s leading creators, innovators, thought-leaders and pioneers to Leeds to disseminate new ideas and discuss the world of tomorrow. By introducing the brightest minds to Leeds and Leeds to the brightest minds, CORE aims to challenge our understanding of the world today and deliver an exciting vision of the future.
The OFF programme is eclectic, noisy and unpredictable. It is a dizzying whirlwind of live music, performance, food, after-parties, exhibitions, discussions, comedy and experimental events. In streets and venues across the city, OFF will shine a spotlight on Leeds’ rich cultural diversity and unshakable creative spirit.
Leeds International Festival encourages proposals from international applicants, as well as those which embody the diversity of Leeds and the people who live and work in the city, including ethnicity, age, ability, gender and sexuality. They also encourage submissions from those currently underrepresented in the arts and cultural sector, particularly disabled and BAME artists.
Leeds International Festival:
- Encourages applications that explore and question what the term Generation Future means to you. How will the world of tomorrow differ from that of today? Will we shape that future, or will we let it shape us? How do we ensure that there is a future to shape at all?
- Commends submissions where thought has been given to accessibility and engaging with new audiences
- Encourages proposals from all, whether comedian, speaker, musician, performer, early in your career or an established creator or organisation, working in performance art, film, dance, theatre, comedy, sound etc
- Wants to showcase local, national and international talent
- Welcomes access documents from applicants
How to apply
The deadline for applications is Friday 6 September. For more information and to apply please visit the Leeds International Festival website.