As part of their ongoing commitment to keeping older adults dancing, maintaining social interaction and supporting their older participants Yorkshire Dance has curated a celebratory week to coincide with International Day of Older People on Thursday 1st October.
The week will challenge the stereotypes of age and older bodies in dance with classes in Vogue, break dancing and an African Dance Master Class. These online classes will take place on Zoom and are part of an exciting programme of events and classes to celebrate the older body dancing.
It is crucial to the work of Yorkshire Dance to advocate for inclusive processes that facilitate people from a wide range of backgrounds to discover the power of dance in daily life.
- Monday 28 September: Masterclass – Break Dancing with Ella Mesma 2.00pm-3.30pm
- Tuesday 29 September: Masterclass – Voguing with Darren Pritchard 2-3.30pm
- Wednesday 30 September: Masterclass – African/Ghanaian Dance with Nii Kwartey Owoo 2-3.30pm
- Thursday 1 October: International Day of Older People – Dance On Social – 2.30pm. An event about bringing people together through sharing memories of dance, stories of dancing into older age and the legendary Dance On Quiz.
- Friday 2 October: Dance On Launch 12noon-1pm – the re-launch of our physical Dance On session (for 6 weeks) held at Yorkshire Dance, please contact email@example.com directly for more information.
Find out more: https://yorkshiredance.com/whats-on/
Header image: Nii, African Dance