Leeds Dance Partnership delivers a range of initiatives, projects and commissions to grow and develop dance in Leeds and the wider North. Its core aims are:
- To create a climate where shared visions can be realised; seek ways to support the independent dance sector; establish capital needs in the city; and advocate effectively for dance in Leeds
- To develop the workforce of the sector to ensure that future generations of dance leaders can thrive in Leeds and the North
- To reimagine the relationship between artists, producers, venues and audiences, bringing these together with national developments in the future of showcasing
- To focus on building venue capacity for programming dance and growing audiences
For more about our upcoming events click here.
Leeds Dance Partnership is currently fundraising to deliver a second strand of work focusing on:
- Supporting a cohesive learning and engagement offer across Leeds and the North, working with Bridge organisations, local cultural and education partnerships, Artforms Leeds and Leeds Dance Network
- Working with universities in the region to develop a cohesive approach to research and intelligence
- Investigating ways in which dance can further impact health and physical activity and cross over with sports development, in association with Sport Leeds Board, Public Health and others
If you are interested in supporting Leeds Dance Partnership please visit our Support Us page.
Evaluation Reports 2017 – 2021
Between 2017 – 2021, Leeds Dance Partnership completed a four-year programme of strategic support and development of the dance sector, supported by Arts Council England.
Header image: Ballet Black workshop, photo David Lindsay.