About Leeds Dance Partnership
Leeds Dance Partnership supports and celebrates amazing dance in Leeds and beyond, led by world-class organisations and independent dance artists based in the city: Northern Ballet; Yorkshire Dance; Northern School of Contemporary Dance; Leeds Playhouse; Phoenix Dance Theatre; and Leeds Beckett University. A member of the independent dance community also sits on our board. We believe that by working collaboratively, we can do more and have a much bigger impact.
We aim to:
- Increase Leeds’ profile and recognition locally, nationally and internationally for its vibrant and diverse dance scene
- Increase investments and resources for dance in the North
- Support a strong and growing independent sector, developing how we work to include more voices from the independent sector
- Provide more opportunities for artist and producer development, commissioning, programming and touring
- Underpinning this mission is a commitment to diversity, ambition, skill, talent, export and research
Leeds is a place where great dance is made, where artists from around the world come to train, and where dance is a pivotal part of people’s lives. Leeds is home to world-leading dance companies, the only dance conservatoire outside of London, major universities and a wealth of independent artists who make work for national and international touring and deliver high quality engagement work in communities across the city.
Header image: MESH Vanessa Grasse – photosbydavid.co.uk